[Nix-dev] Qt Creator issues

Baptist BENOIST return_0 at live.com
Fri May 31 18:42:35 CEST 2013

Hi,

Did you tried to remove the ~/.config/QtProject directory and the ~/.config/Trolltech.conf files ? They might be the source of these problems...

I am writing another longer mail (phone written mails takes time to write ;) ) to explain you what the "problem" was for the Applications section, doc, demos and example. You can check the 2 latest commits in the master branch of my nixplgs fork on github. It contains my future update with the v2.7.1 (the problem was not related to it) of QtCreator and an improved Qt derivation...

FYI, the hardcoded paths in qmake you spoke about on IRC are used by QtCreator (and qmake) in order to retrieve the necessary Qt modules corresponding to the qmake used at build time. I think that they have done that to allow its users to easily use multiple Qt versions at once on regular distributions. This thing already annoys me on Windows when I want to deploy Qt versions on different directories than the one used to build them ;-)

Good luck,

Baptist
return_0 at live.com