[Nix-dev] command-not-found can't open db

shea at shealevy.com shea at shealevy.com
Wed May 15 14:38:44 CEST 2013

Hi Malcolm,

Currently command-not-found (and other NixOS bits, like the default
setting for NIX_PATH or nixos-rebuild --upgrade) assume that you have
the nixos channel in root's profile, as only root should have permission
to register manifests or add binary caches. So for the command-not-found
feature to work, you'll need to add the nixos-unstable channel as root.

Cheers,
Shea