[Nix-dev] firefox elf-hack

Mathijs Kwik mathijs at bluescreen303.nl
Wed May 15 13:55:53 CEST 2013

Hi all,

Our current expression for firefox [1] contains the "--disable-elf-hack"
configureFlag. By default this hack is enabled and is supposed to
improve performance [2]. After a bit of googling, I found that old
versions of firefox had issues with this hack, so probably this is the
reason it got disabled. However, these issues are fixed and I've been
running with firefox20 _with_ the elf hack for over a week now.

Can we remove this configure flag and stick with the default (hacked)
behavior? Or should this be done conditionally for certain
architectures?

Thanks,
Mathijs