[Nix-dev] Suggest package to install

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sun Feb 17 22:01:03 CET 2013

> [..] *user installed* [..]
See "_The collection way_" if you want to learn about "user collections"
So reread the article if you have more time, cause it already should
contain everything you want to know.

In the system way it doesn't make sense to think about collections,
because you install by path (correspondents nix-env -iA) and not by name
anyway.

It does make sense to have multiple collections because rebuilding
everything at once may take a long time - and also some packages may be
broken. Eg for my case I have a haxe-collection which installs
  - haxe
  - neko
at the same time. I also have a "personal" collection which installs all
the stuff I regularly use (editors, browsers etc) and so on. I update
the haxe-collection more often the the personal one (for upstream
reasons).

but yes, this all will make more sense to you if you familiarize
yourself even more with Nix.

Best
Marc Weber