[Nix-dev] test version bumps before sending pull request

Bjørn Forsman bjorn.forsman at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 13:32:41 CET 2013

Hi all,

I have bumped the file program from 5.04 to 5.12 in my own nixpkgs
repo. It built just fine but now I wonder if any other packages may
depend on it and potentially break. I guess the file utility is pretty
stable, but I'd like to know, in general, how to test that the
dependent packages also build. Is there a command to find reverse
dependencies for a package?

Is it ok to send pull request when only the bumped program has been
build tested?

Best regards,
Bjørn Forsman