[Nix-dev] perl on Darwin

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 13:49:05 CEST 2013

On 08/29/2013 01:41 PM, Peter Simons wrote:
> James Cook described in this thread how to fix the issue that causes the
> test suite failure. It would be great if someone with access to Darwin
> could apply that fix to the expression so that we can run the regression
> tests on Darwin, too. A situation in which Perl is untested simply
> because we cannot figure out the proper command line syntax for 'sed'
> seems somewhat unsatisfactory.

I see, that's exactly why I filed
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/874 . There may be many more
similar problems lurking, (although perl is very important build tool in
nixpkgs).

Having non-native sed and other tools seems a good start to me, and it
shouldn't be too difficult. I would personally leave (most of) these
worries to people who actually use nix on these platforms.

Vlada