[Nix-dev] pkgs/lib/licenses.nix: strings or attrsets?

Eelco Dolstra eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com
Tue Aug 20 13:37:52 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 19/08/13 21:48, Bjørn Forsman wrote:

> pkgs/lib/licenses.nix is currently a mix of strings and attrsets. This
> causes nixpkgs-lint to incorrectly say that some packages lack a
> license, even though they don't:
> Eelco, commit https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/commit/80213cbb051f2e172be20c03e51069f122d8bb6c
> changed some (but not all) of the licenses from attrsets to strings.
> What is the plan for the rest of the licenses? Should I make a
> pull-request to change everything to strings?

Basically, meta.* attributes have to be (lists of) strings or integers.  They
cannot be attribute sets.  So if meta.license is an attribute set, it won't show
up in "nix-env -qa --meta --xml" output or in Hydra under a build's "License" field.

So yeah, a PR to change everything to strings would be welcome.

--
Eelco Dolstra | LogicBlox, Inc. | http://nixos.org/~eelco/