[Nix-dev] pkgs/lib/licenses.nix: strings or attrsets?

Bjørn Forsman bjorn.forsman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 22:38:51 CEST 2013

On 19 August 2013 22:24, Vladimír Čunát <vcunat at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 08/19/2013 09:48 PM, Bjørn Forsman wrote:
>>
>> pkgs/lib/licenses.nix is currently a mix of strings and attrsets. This
>> causes nixpkgs-lint to incorrectly say that some packages lack a
>> license, even though they don't:
[...]
> I also think we should agree on some standard way to represent the licenses.

Yes. I don't have strong a opinion about attset vs string, although I
see a lot of packages with license = "literal string", so I guess that
is the easiest way to go.

But in the long run I'd prefer if we did what OpenEmbedded does: do
checksumming on the license file contents (inside packages), so that
we know if/when upstream change their license.

Best regards,
Bjørn Forsman