[Nix-dev] compiling firefox 20 with sqlite_3_7_16_1

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 11:21:50 CEST 2013

On 04/29/2013 10:21 AM, Eelco Dolstra wrote:
> On 28/04/13 22:49, David Guibert wrote:
>> Firefox 20 does not build with sqlite3 < 3.7.15.2.
>
> Alternatively, given that Hydra (which isn't even part of Nixpkgs) is the only
> package that seems to have issues with the new version, we could revert the
> revert of SQLite and use an override for Hydra only.  (In fact, Hydra seems to
> work fine with the new SQLite; it's only the test suite that seems to have a
> problem.)

I would strongly prefer this solution, if it's the case that the sqlite
update only breaks two packages. In such cases it seems better to me to
have the up-to-date default library version and temporarily override
packages that don't work with it yet.

BTW, (whether we use it here or not) the deepOverride should still be
able to do the overriding, shouldn't it? I've never used it and I don't
know how it works, can you explain why it shouldn't work? (if it's so)

Vlada