[Nix-dev] PHP configuration options

Bjørn Forsman bjorn.forsman at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 20:51:45 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'd like to build PHP with FPM (FastCGI Process Manager) support. With
the ultimate goal of having a nixos module configuration for lighttpd
+ php-fpm.

The problem is that FPM conflicts with apxs2, which is enabled by
default. And the nix expression for PHP uses a kind of config I've not
seen before; instead of taking function parameters, it seems to use
options from users configuration.nix file. I'd like to create a
phpWithFpm attribute in nixpkgs that I can put into a nixos lighttpd
service module. But that seems to be rather ugly if it means that I
must change my configuration.nix to make a compatible php for the
nixos module...

What is the reason for configuring php options from configuration.nix?
Isn't this what packageOverride is for? Can I change php options into
function arguments so that php gets more configurable?

Best regards,
Bjørn Forsman