[Nix-dev] How to make Hydra generate an "overview page"

Eelco Dolstra eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com
Wed Apr 10 15:58:40 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 10/04/13 15:18, Peter Simons wrote:

> Hydra provides "overview pages" for packages that build on more than one
> platform -- i.e. http://hydra.nixos.org/job/nixpkgs/trunk/gnucash --
> that show all builds of that particular package at one glance.
>
> Now, Haskell packages vary in two dimensions: the platform and the
> version of GHC that's being used. I tried to re-organize the
> release-haskell.nix file [1] so that it shows all of those builds of a
> given package on one page by appending the GHC version to the system
> identifier, but for some reason that didn't work. My Hydra instance [2]
> has the following jobs:
>
>   hsdns.x86_64-linux-ghc6104
>   hsdns.x86_64-linux-ghc6123
>   hsdns.x86_64-linux-ghc704
>   hsdns.x86_64-linux-ghc742
>   hsdns.x86_64-linux-ghc762
>
> Yet, there is no "overview page" for hsdns!

Yes, because "hsdns" is not a job.  However, it's on my to-do list to make Hydra
/job URLs show all jobs with a given prefix (so /job/nixpkgs/trunk/hsdns would
show all hsdns.* jobs).

> GNU Cash has a page
>
>   http://hydra.nixos.org/job/nixpkgs/trunk/gnucash

Yes, but that page actually shows an obsolete job (note that the last build was
on March 25).  The "gnucash" job no longer exist, instead there are now jobs
named "gnucash.i686-linux" and so on.

--
Eelco Dolstra | LogicBlox, Inc. | http://nixos.org/~eelco/