[Nix-dev] How to make Hydra generate an "overview page"

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Wed Apr 10 15:18:32 CEST 2013

Hi guys,

Hydra provides "overview pages" for packages that build on more than one
platform -- i.e. http://hydra.nixos.org/job/nixpkgs/trunk/gnucash --
that show all builds of that particular package at one glance.

Now, Haskell packages vary in two dimensions: the platform and the
version of GHC that's being used. I tried to re-organize the
release-haskell.nix file [1] so that it shows all of those builds of a
given package on one page by appending the GHC version to the system
identifier, but for some reason that didn't work. My Hydra instance [2]
has the following jobs:

  hsdns.x86_64-linux-ghc6104
  hsdns.x86_64-linux-ghc6123
  hsdns.x86_64-linux-ghc704
  hsdns.x86_64-linux-ghc742
  hsdns.x86_64-linux-ghc762

Yet, there is no "overview page" for hsdns! GNU Cash has a page

  http://hydra.nixos.org/job/nixpkgs/trunk/gnucash

but the corresponding page for hsdns

  http://hydra.cryp.to:8080/job/nixpkgs/refactor-haskell-hydra-view/hsdns

does not exist!

Is there anything I can do to make Hydra recognize that all those hsdns
build jobs refer to the same package?

Take care,
Peter

[1] https://github.com/peti/nixpkgs/blob/c084bf567ef59f1c1b299f674118427187cebd3e/pkgs/top-level/release-haskell.nix