[Nix-dev] NixOS on Linode

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Tue Apr 9 01:15:34 CEST 2013

AFAIK there are two ways: using your own initrd, or using boot scripts:

  boot.loader.grub.enable = false;
  boot.loader.initScript.enable = true;

everything else is "as usual", so yes, you can prepare and upload  any
image (using the rescue system).

For German customers admin.jiffybox.de or amazon services (ec2) are
valuabble options, too - because you can rescale and pay hourly.

The minimal install archive I created once is only available in my branches
now, and I haven't tested it for month - its still likely to work in
some way. If you need one tell me the architecture and I'll create one
for you.

https://nixos.org/wiki/Install_NixOS_as_OpenVZ_guest