[Nix-dev] Updated system-tarballs for non-pc

Bjørn Forsman bjorn.forsman at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 23:22:26 CEST 2013

On 3 April 2013 18:25, Lluís Batlle i Rossell <viric at viric.name> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 06:23:53PM +0200, Moritz Ulrich wrote:
>> I like the torrent approach too, but I'd like to see a wiki page
>> documenting the steps how to build a tarball (the current 'Cross
>> Compiling' page is a bit rough on that matter).
>
> These are not cross-built. There is no way to cross-build a 'system-tarball'.

So system-tarballs can only be built for the system running NixOS
(build==host==target)?

Is there a way we could build it using either cross-compilation or
QEMU system emulation?

I'd really like to have an automated way to bootstrap NixOS for
various architectures. Like a replacement for Buildroot, OpenEmbedded
etc.

Best regards,
Bjørn Forsman