[Nix-dev] Current udisks failure I see

Lluís Batlle i Rossell viric at viric.name
Thu Apr 4 00:19:50 CEST 2013

Hello,

I've exposed in a github issue that I see this problem with udisks:
-------
$ udisks --mount /dev/sdb1
Mount failed: Error mounting: mount exited with exit code 1: helper failed with:
mount: must be superuser to use mount
-------

I've straced the daemons (dbus-daemon and udisks-daemon), and I've noticed that
the dbus-daemon-launch-helper is called by *udisks-daemon* and not dbus-daemon.

The nixos module for dbus tells dbus to find the helper in setuid-wrappers, but
the udisks module does not do that. So the mount fails.

Eelco reported on irc that the current nixos made udisks work for him.

Anyone has an idea of what happens?

Regards,
Lluís.