[Nix-dev] run-time dependency missing in cabal-install

roconnor at theorem.ca roconnor at theorem.ca
Fri Sep 14 20:00:40 CEST 2012

cabal install transformers-0.2.2.0 (and other cabal commands) says that
"ar" is missing on a fresh nix install.

I suppose the right thing to do is troll through the cabal code to find ar
and set it to the nix-store path.

P.S. geekosaur now tells me this is a ghc problem, not a cabal-install,
but I'm not entirely convinced.  For reference I'm using

cabal-install-0.14.0
/nix/store/yxfzd6mrr9chipxzpvlzz1f300r7ii8x-cabal-install-0.14.0

ghc-7.4.1-wrapper
/nix/store/dh6cib7flvbj0ga633dbmw7f9sv68dkw-ghc-7.4.1-wrapper

on i686.