[Nix-dev] NixOS on systemd

Eelco Dolstra eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com
Tue Sep 11 19:26:32 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 11/09/12 13:20, Mathijs Kwik wrote:

> In the past, ACLs were used on the nodes in /dev, to automatically
> allow access to some devices when a user logs in on the physical
> console. I believe this was done by ConsoleKit.
> Right now, I don't have sound anymore (need to add myself to "audio"),
> or access to usb sticks I plug in.
> It looks as if the ACLs are no longer set, how can we tell logind to
> do something similar?

Works for me:

$ getfacl /dev/snd/controlC0
user::rw-
user:eelco:rw-

This works from both X11 and virtual consoles.  Logind changes ACLs when
switching between consoles.

Can you check that "loginctl session-status <sessionname>" shows "State: active"?

--
Eelco Dolstra | LogicBlox, Inc. | http://nixos.org/~eelco/