[Nix-dev] NixOS on systemd

Mathijs Kwik mathijs at bluescreen303.nl
Tue Sep 11 19:20:01 CEST 2012

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 8:51 PM, Eelco Dolstra
<eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com> wrote:
> * ConsoleKit is gone.  Its role has been taken over by logind.  Use "loginctl"
> to manage user sessions.  Every user session runs in a separate cgroup (see
> "systemd-cgls" and "systemd-cgtop" for a nice view).

In the past, ACLs were used on the nodes in /dev, to automatically
allow access to some devices when a user logs in on the physical
console. I believe this was done by ConsoleKit.
Right now, I don't have sound anymore (need to add myself to "audio"),
or access to usb sticks I plug in.
It looks as if the ACLs are no longer set, how can we tell logind to
do something similar?

Thanks,
Mathijs