[Nix-dev] Charon different nixos/nixpkgs per server

Rob Vermaas rob.vermaas at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 16:33:11 CEST 2012

Hi Rickard,

> I have started to look into Charon for deploying a set of NixOS machines
> with inter-dependencies.
>
> Is there a simple way to let different servers in the network use
> different versions of the nixos and nixpkgs repositories? I'm specifically
> looking at keeping some machines more stable, with a (somehow) tested
> version of nixpkgs, while letting other machines using try out bleeding
> edge stuff.

I have misread your question I think. I was thinking that you were
running separate networks, however, you seem to want to use different
nixos/nixpkgs versions within the same network. Unfortunately that is
not (yet) possible within the same network. Perhaps you can create a
feature request for this, perhaps Eelco will no a way, or it might be
interesting to implement.

Cheers,
Rob

--