[Nix-dev] Announcing free-nix: the free Linux distribution based on the Nix package manager

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Tue Jun 26 16:09:16 CEST 2012

Excerpts from Shea Levy's message of Tue Jun 26 15:36:17 +0200 2012:

Peter said:
> and then the group of
> people that comes out of this process is going to constitute itself as a
> community by jointly creating a SOCIAL CONTRACT that determines the project's
> goals, policies, and procedures.

Thus if you want to be a part of it its you having a vote. So its you
who can ask for such ...

I think that's the important thing to understand: In which way will
free-nix differ from nixos.org. And that will not be known until that
SOCIAL CONTRACT exists. Until then everything is void IMHO.

For that reason all people caring about nixos should write down what
they like - and what they dislike - eventually there is not that a huge
difference. We all benefit from a strong (unsplit) community we can ask
for help. Most of us have day jobs - and thus our resources are limited.
Keep that in mind.

Marc Weber