[Nix-dev] Announcing free-nix: the free Linux distribution based on the Nix package manager

Lluís Batlle i Rossell viric at viric.name
Tue Jun 26 14:56:15 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 08:50:52AM -0400, Eelco Dolstra wrote:
> On 26/06/12 06:45, Peter Simons wrote:
>
> > it is my pleasure to announce the free-nix project, which aims to provide a
> > user- and developer-friendly free Linux distribution based on the Nix package
> > manager.
>
> Well, forking is the most sincere form of flattery, but...
>
> I told you a few days ago via private email that I'm inclined to give existing
> SVN committers (and new contributors who've shown that they contribute
> good-quality patches) commit access to the main repo, since the overhead of
> doing a pull request for every little package update is kinda high.  So if
> that's the main reason for forking, you could have saved yourself the effort.

Hello Eelco,

So how is the procedure? I see it stalled at only pull-request now, but I may
have missed something. I'd like commit access as I had in svn, but:
- should I ask for it? I ask for it
- do you consider my contributions acceptable or desirable, to deserve such
  commit access?

Regards,
Llúis.