[Nix-dev] Nixpkgs and NixOS moved to GitHub

Kirill Elagin kirelagin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 01:08:21 CEST 2012

2012/6/22 Eelco Dolstra <eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com>

> One slight complication here is that since GitHub doesn't disable
> non-fast-forward commits, every committer actually *can* cause data loss
> in the
> repository.

You mean force push, right? This can be solved by keeping a reference repo
somewhere in your own private place or even on Gitorious (it's possible
there to configure a repo to deny force pushing). I don't think that's a
problem at all.

By the way, when talking about workflow, we should take into account that
it is possible to create different teams inside one organisation with
different access rights to different repos.

--
Кирилл Елагин