[Nix-dev] [***SPAM***] Re: Nixpkgs and NixOS moved to GitHub

Michael Raskin 7c6f434c at mail.ru
Thu Jun 21 23:39:04 CEST 2012

>> Noticeable part of major feature proposals get neither positive nor
>> negative review and get buried by inaction before the next person who
>> could benefit of the proposed changes appears.
>
>That's bad, but the alternative can't be to just let everybody potentially poor
>quality changes just because nobody commented on them.

Well, given that even controversial changes are usually local, and
when there is discussion it sometimes leads to the decisions strictly
worse than any of the initial options (like in the case with the
parallel builds), and the most annoying problems come from the seemingly
most benign updates, and there is already more work in simply updating
the packages we have than we have resources to do - the alternative you
name seems better than "everything via pull requests".