[Nix-dev] gimp 2.8

Cillian de Róiste cillian.deroiste at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 11:13:13 CEST 2012

Hi Rok,

Thanks for the patch! I've been looking forward to trying 2.8 but was
too lazy to try to update the expression myself. Unless someone beats
me to it I will apply the patch this evening. To avoid any breakage (I
guess the plugins won't work) I'll first add it as a separate package
instead of replacing 2.6.

I notice you changed some of the formatting but it doesn't actually
match the conventions:
http://hydra.nixos.org/job/nixpkgs/trunk/tarball/latest/download-by-type/doc/manual#chap-conventions

I believe this is the preferred style:
{ stdenv, fetchurl, pkgconfig, gtk, freetype , fontconfig
, libart_lgpl, libtiff, libjpeg, libpng, libexif, zlib, perl
, perlXMLParser, python, pygtk, gettext, xlibs, intltool, babl
, gegl
}:

buildInputs =
  [ pkgconfig gtk freetype fontconfig libart_lgpl libtiff libjpeg
    libpng libexif zlib perl perlXMLParser python pygtk gettext
    intltool babl gegl
  ];

I hope that helps, cheers!
Cillian