[Nix-dev] Can anyone install packages at the moment?

Eelco Dolstra eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com
Sun Jul 29 20:21:03 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 29/07/12 14:17, Peter Simons wrote:

> I tried to install BIND, but nix-env can't do it because Hydra is down.
> Curiously enough, it can't build the package from source either! I run
>
>   $ nix-build ~/.nix-defexpr -A bind.src
>   these derivations will be built:
>     /nix/store/1wxqfygjhdzf1m40kyrnaf7naw4m28bs-bind-9.7.6-P1.tar.gz.drv
>   building path(s) `/nix/store/rfjil9x8zrg3rl0gr7wlg9di3p73pkrr-bind-9.7.6-P1.tar.gz'
>
> ..., which is supposed to download the source tarball, right? But that
> command hangs indefinitely, doing nothing.

Try

  NIX_HASHED_MIRRORS=" " nix-build ...

This disables the use of the content-addressed tarball cache that fetchurl uses
by default.  Note that this doesn't work when you're building through the Nix
daemon because the environment variable is not passed.

--
Eelco Dolstra | LogicBlox, Inc. | http://nixos.org/~eelco/