[Nix-dev] Can anyone install packages at the moment?

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Sun Jul 29 20:17:20 CEST 2012

Hi,

I tried to install BIND, but nix-env can't do it because Hydra is down.
Curiously enough, it can't build the package from source either! I run

  $ nix-build ~/.nix-defexpr -A bind.src
  these derivations will be built:
    /nix/store/1wxqfygjhdzf1m40kyrnaf7naw4m28bs-bind-9.7.6-P1.tar.gz.drv
  building path(s) `/nix/store/rfjil9x8zrg3rl0gr7wlg9di3p73pkrr-bind-9.7.6-P1.tar.gz'

..., which is supposed to download the source tarball, right? But that
command hangs indefinitely, doing nothing.

I also tried using --fallback, but then I ran into the same effect.

This seems kind of bad, doesn't it? Or am I doing something wrong?

Take care,
Peter