[Nix-dev] [Nix-commits] [NixOS/nixpkgs] c6a2a1: ffmpeg: Update to latest version 0.11.1.

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 19:40:27 CEST 2012

On 24 July 2012 19:20, Florian Friesdorf <flo at chaoflow.net> wrote:
> I understand the wish for having it in one expression and keep
> duplication low. But I think the expressions should be as simple as
> possible and, as Eelco says, with the possibility to change them
> independently.

Well, OK, it seems to be the major opinion here, so I'm going to
respect it when writing expressions.

> I think generating expressions is a better solution to target
> duplication than having expressions deal with different versions. This
> is already done for at least xorg and haskellPackages.

But that is exactly what I do... you supply a version and an
expression for the version is returned.

If we could generate dependencies and options from standard build
systems like autotools, cmake, ... that would really be great. Perhaps
with some amendments because of broken packages, but still it would
save so much code

Vlada