[Nix-dev] Firefox 13 issue

Lluís Batlle i Rossell viric at viric.name
Sun Jul 8 10:38:50 CEST 2012

On Sat, Jul 07, 2012 at 05:59:45PM -0700, Nicolas Pierron wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 1:56 AM, Lluís Batlle i Rossell
> > I confirm it's patchelf. An unpatched plugin-container, with a LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
> > works fine. But xpcshell gets killed with and without patchelf.
>
> Have you tried to configure firefox with --disable-elf-hack and
> potentially --disable-elf-dynstr-gc?

No, I did not try anything like that. But patchelf should not break any ELF, I
think, regardless of how is it prepared.

For another kind of work, I want to profile firefox with symbols, and I totally
fail although I add "--enable-profiling", "--disable-elf-hack", ... all appears
in 'perf' as without relevant symbols. I'll try this --disable-elf-dynstr-gc
too.

Thank you!