[Nix-dev] chromium problem

Ian Farmer ian.farmer at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 20:00:14 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 12:09 AM, Sergey Mironov <ierton at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Did you try with a fully clean user environment? (~/.config/chromium)
>> I've experienced similar errors when certain extensions stopped getting
>> maintained.
>

> Yes, I've tried to run from another (just created) user. Same
> permanent "Aw, snap" for all pages. Not just for sites but really for
> all - extentions, settings, ...  - are all broken.. I'm running x86
> machine with kernel 3.2.21

I was having the same problem, also on x86 but with kernel 3.4.4.

It works for me now after I made two changes:

   (1) Remove the ! in front of config.selinux, so that
enable_seccomp.patch is not applied.
   (2) Link with the gold linker instead of regular ld.

I'm guessing it was #1 that fixed it, but I tried gold with the hopes
that I would get more information out of a Debug build. Unfortunately
gold also failed with an out-of-memory error while linking the Debug
build.

Hope that helps!