[Nix-dev] Updating emacs-snapshot package

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Thu Jan 19 16:56:56 CET 2012

Excerpts from Peter Simons's message of Thu Jan 19 16:05:06 +0100 2012:
> if you know how to update 'emacsSnapshot' appropriately, then please go
> right ahead. I'm in favor of having the latest Emacs in nixpkgs, too. The
How often do you want to update it?
Because nix stores hashes for each "source" having "latest" means
updating the hash whenever a commit happens.

So do you want to update it once a week, every 5 minutes? ..

Or are you fine with replacing an outdated hash with the newest, then
installing Emacs ? Then we have a recipe about how to install latest
Emacs with little effort.

Marc Weber