[Nix-dev] [nix-dev] svn sasl support

Sergey Mironov ierton at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 22:06:33 CET 2012

2012/1/14 Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to>

> Hi Sergey,
>
>  > Here is another patch witch adds sasl auth method to the svn. That was
>  > easy. I set it enabled by default, hope it is ok.
>
> I committed your patch. Thank you very much!
>
> I had no idea what SASL support is actually required for, though. I
> reckon it's used by SVN servers? Based on that assumption, I disabled
> SASL support by default, just like support for running SVN with an HTTP
> server is disabled by default. I hope that was alright. Anyone who wants
> that feature can override the setting locally.

It is somehow related to authenification. Maybe - a password exchange
protocol. This option is needed by both client and server - without it I
can't fetch some non-public repos, which use SASL auth method. But yes,
gentoo also keeps it disabled by default.

What should I write to override this setting? Could you please give me an
example (sorry, my nix-skill is still weak)? Or maybe should we write
something like this:

  subversion = callPackage
../applications/version-management/subversion/default.nix {
    neon = pkgs.neon029;
    saslSupport = getConfig [ "subversion" "saslSupport" ] false;
  };

?