[Nix-dev] development/libraries too large

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Sat Jan 7 11:44:18 CET 2012

Hi,

"Yury G.  Kudryashov" <urkud.urkud at gmail.com> writes:
> Probably we should drop the tree structure (reduce the number of
> categories?) and replace it by search tags + tools to query these tags.

I tend to agree, and I think it would be prudent to at least have a look
at debtags. Lot of effort went into this one, and although it's not
optimal, it's probably going to be pretty hard to come up with something
better. Not everything directly applies to NixOS, but it shouldn't be a
far cry either. (What I primarily mean is the list of facets and tags,
and probably the package <-> tag data which I imagine could be
semi-automatically transferred.)

Petr

--
id' Ash = Ash; id' Dust = Dust; id' _ = undefined