[Nix-dev] development/libraries too large

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sat Jan 7 00:36:08 CET 2012

Excerpts from Yury G. Kudryashov's message of Fri Jan 06 22:35:14 +0100 2012:
> I'd like to split development/libraries into subdirectories. Any objections?
For what reason? ls -l being too long is no strong reason IMHO unless we
hit > 10.000 files.

In the past there was one guy who preferred the "gentoo" layout ..
As alternative to "file system locations" we could introduce tags:
meta = {
  tags = [ 'grapic' 'audio' 'video'];
}

If you're looking for "packages" I'd also recommend having a look at
gentoo distribution etc... You can get portage package sources by:

  rsync -r rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage .

etc.. Just renaming file locations is not going to make everything
perfect IMHO.

Marc Weber