[Nix-dev] nixos-rebuild issues

Shea Levy shea at shealevy.com
Thu Dec 20 23:50:51 CET 2012

Hi Jan,

This is actually a problem with nix-1.2 client interacting poorly with
nix-1.1 daemon (https://github.com/NixOS/nix/issues/76). The workaround
for now is to run the following as root:

# $(nix-build -A system "<nixos>"
--no-out-link)/bin/switch-to-configuration test
# nixos-rebuild switch/boot/whatever

Cheers,
Shea Levy