[Nix-dev] nixos-rebuild issues

Jan Malakhovski oxij at oxij.org
Thu Dec 20 23:44:08 CET 2012

Hello,

~~~~
commit a9edaf10ed7570f66f17130c82a4e4170e80bfbb
Merge: 5f8647e c6bf1f8
Author: aszlig <aszlig at redmoonstudios.org>
Date:   Fri Dec 7 18:48:26 2012 +0100

    Merge pull request #207 from washort/mysql55

    And sorry to @washort for bugging him too much with the syntax.
~~~~

breaks nixos-rebuild for me:

~~~~
# nixos-rebuild build --show-trace
building Nix...
building the system configuration...
these derivations will be built:
.... long list of derivations ....
error: build of `/nix/store/dvv0czxamgsrf01935dz0kxchhsj4zxl-nixos-0.1pre-git.drv!out' failed
~~~~
just like that.

Commit c6bf1f works fine, all the recent ones tried by bisect failed.

Also, today I tried to install NixOS onto a machine behind strict network gateway with a proxy. I forgot to set nix.proxy in configuration.nix while in installer, but after a reboot I couldn't rebuild the system with nixos-rebuild. nixos-rebuild wasn't passing the http_proxy environment varible to the daemon, or so it looked.
I tried something like
nix-build <nixos> -A system
and it, quite unexpectedly, worked.

Best regards,