[Nix-dev] How do I add Firefox extensions?

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 14:01:42 CET 2012

On 12/18/2012 03:50 AM, Bill Trost wrote:
> I'm a little amazed out how difficult this is turning out to be --
> it seems like getting videos playing in Firefox should be basic,
> out-of-the-box functionality, not an exercise in distro management (I
> get to do enough of that at work, thank you!).

The reason we don't use such things is that we just prefer to use
specialized programs for similar purposes (like video players); it's
probably connected to the UNIX traditions.

Yes, the dependency trees of some packages are huge and so it may be
very time-consuming to get one package working if large part of the tree
is missing/stale.

If there were more active maintainers, together we could manage more
packages... (and I don't consider myself being active)

Vlada