[Nix-dev] Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - r26983 - nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs/applications/networking/mailreaders/notmuch

Florian Friesdorf flo at chaoflow.net
Thu May 5 19:53:13 CEST 2011

On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 14:44:05 +0200, ludo at gnu.org (Ludovic =?iso-8859-1?Q?Court=E8s?=) wrote:
> Florian Friesdorf <flo at chaoflow.net> writes:
> > On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 11:15:45 +0200, ludo at gnu.org (Ludovic =?iso-8859-1?Q?Court=E8s?=) wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > The current 0.5 I cannot recommend and therefore would not package, at
> > least not as the default to be installed.
>
> I see, but IMO what matters is what upstream releases, not what
> packagers would recommend.

upstream is about to release 0.6 - I will wait for that before taking
further steps. Just to let you know, that I did not forget about it.

> > If all notmuch* derivations are named notmuch, how do I control which
> > one is installed in case of `nix-env -i notmuch`?
>
> You could make all but the stable release have a low priority (see
> ‘lowPrio’ in all-packages.nix), so by default the stable release will be
> installed.
>
> Anyone wanting one of the other variants would use
> ‘nix-env -Ai notmuchUnstable’ or similar.

Will give it a try, curious how this behaves with nix-env -u

regards
--
Florian Friesdorf <flo at chaoflow.net>
  GPG FPR: 7A13 5EEE 1421 9FC2 108D  BAAF 38F8 99A3 0C45 F083
Jabber/XMPP: flo at chaoflow.net
IRC: chaoflow on freenode,ircnet,blafasel,OFTC