[Nix-dev] How do I rebuild the NixOS install CD for my non-PAE-supporting CPU?

Albin Stjerna albin at eval.nu
Mon Jun 20 10:59:16 CEST 2011

Hi!

I've been interested in NixOS for a while, and  thought I'd try it out on my old Thinkpad since it's not my main computer, reducing the concern for breakage. However, I can't get it to boot the standard installation CD because my CPU doesn't support PAE. Which really isn't needed anyway, since you can't fit more than 4 GB of RAM into the computer.

My first attempt att bypassing this problem was installing NixOS on a virtual machine and building a custom installer CD, but I (or rather grep) couldn't find any file mentioning pae in the configuration directory for NixOS. What am I missing and how should I proceed?

Thanks in advance,
  Albin