[Nix-dev] Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - r27904 - in nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs: misc/emulators/VisualBoyAdvance top-level

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 23:10:40 CEST 2011

Hi.

On 24 July 2011 18:11, Sander van der Burg - EWI
<S.vanderBurg at tudelft.nl> wrote:
> Convenience, hmm... Personally, I find it confusing if the name of this emulator would be: visual_boy_advance or something like that, while the package on the internet is named: VisualBoyAdvance . Similarly, a lot of Java packages use naming conventions like this.

I agree on this point - I respect the convention but I find it
unnecessary. I think most distributions tend to stick to upstream
naming conventions. There might be some minor portability problems
with CamelCase filenames (I'm not sure), as some OSs are case
insensitive. But on the whole I certainly wouldn't mind to drop this
restriction, or are there any other reasons for it?

Vlada