[Nix-dev] Linux 3.0 Install Problem

Shea Levy shea at shealevy.com
Sun Jul 24 18:04:03 CEST 2011

Hi all,

The commit I made last night for linuxPackages_3_0 fails due to a
strange attempt to install something in $out/nix/store/whatever.
MarcWeber on IRC has a fix that implies that setting $MODULE_DIR in
builder.sh is the problem, and the fix makes it so that MODULE_DIR is
set unless SET_MODULE_DIR is false, which it will only be for new
kernels when necessary. I'm recompiling to see if the fix works, but if
it does and I commit it as is then every kernel will need to be rebuilt
(with no reason for any of the outputs to change). If it works, should I
go ahead and do this, or should I create a new builder or use the
generic builder for new kernels or some such?

Cheers,
Shea Levy