[Nix-dev] NIXPKGS environment variable in nixos-rebuild

Eelco Dolstra e.dolstra at tudelft.nl
Wed Jul 20 12:56:07 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 07/20/2011 11:41 AM, Marco Maggesi wrote:

> I came across this old post which I'm trying to put in practice, precisely for the compilation of a latex document.
>
> I have the following problem: I cannot get the bibtex citations.
> Apparently latex is not run a second time after the bibtex.

Is bibtex run at all?  It's only run if TeX produces a .aux file.

> ln: failed to create symbolic link `hoat.bib`: File exists

That seems to indicate that the dependency analysis did find hoat.bib
(so you don't need to put it in extraFiles).

> So, for what use extraFiles is intended for?

To pass files that the dependency analysis cannot find automatically.
One application is generated files, e.g., to convert dot files to pdf:

     extraFiles =
       (map (f: texFunctions.dot2pdf {dotGraph = f;})
         [ ./graph1.dot
           ./graph2.dot
         ]
       );

> And how pkgs.texFunctions.runLaTeX finds the dependency on other files?

It scans for \bibliography{filename} macros.