[Nix-dev] python and nixos

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 18:56:31 CET 2011

Hi Florian,

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 18:18, Florian Friesdorf <flo at chaoflow.net> wrote:
> Is guppy broken or how can I get python environments that support
> zc.buildout managed projects?
>
> buildout fails to build guppy:
> http://pastie.org/1423663

The error you reported seems to be related to the nix expression which
build guppy.  So you should look inside it.  Unfortunately, I can't
help you much with python dependencies.  You can be sure that all you
need to modify is in the nix expression used to build guppy or in its
dependencies.

Based on such statement, ...

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 18:18, Florian Friesdorf <flo at chaoflow.net> wrote:
> In /etc/nixos/configuration.nix:
>
> environment = {
>  systemPackages = {
>    pkgs.python24
>    pkgs.python26Full
>    pkgs.python27Full
>  };
> };

There is no point at modifying your system configuration unless you
have introduced impurities by linking paths such as /bin and /usr.

> full configuration here:
> https://github.com/chaoflow/nixos-configurations/blob/master/chaoflow-lenovo-x200s.nix

Thanks to share your configuration with others.  I appreciate that.
When you'll have time, I suggest you to separate your configuration
from lenovo-x200s computers.  This would factor
work between persons who have similar hardwares ;)  (even if that's
not a lot of folks yet)

If you are looking for hints on how to do that, you can look at my
computer configuration and my personal laptop configuration:
http://wiki.nixos.org/wiki/ASUS_M60J-JX041V
https://svn.nixos.org/repos/nix/configurations/trunk/misc/nicolas.b.pierron/vinon.nix

--
Nicolas Pierron