[Nix-dev] Nix SQLite branch merged

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 11:19:35 CET 2011

On 12 February 2011 17:20, Michael Raskin <7c6f434c at mail.ru> wrote:
> But it is.
> Linux kernel 2.6.37 has BtrFS version with this problem fixed in FS itself.
Thanks a lot, Michael, It would be really hard for me to find this
out. Upgrade to 2.6.37 solved it for me. I added description to FAQ in
wiki.

It might have also been the cause of one vte path missing in my store
though many other paths depended on it. I found out now during
--verify but that was easily resolved by building it again.

> glibc relies on FS implementing fallocate call just like POSIX
> posix_fallocate is described. Linux kernel promises only that
> fallocate call is something that allows to build posix_fallocate
> upon it. POSIX makes compliance with posix_fallocate description
> required at libc-level.
If I understand it correctly, the bug was "between" glibc and kernel
but it was easier to fix it on FS-level. If that is the case, can
similar problems also occur with other (non-conventional) filesystems?

Vlada