[Nix-dev] Nix SQLite branch merged

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 10:51:31 CET 2011

Hi.
On 11 February 2011 13:49, Eelco Dolstra <e.dolstra at tudelft.nl> wrote:
> I've merged the sqlite branch into the Nix trunk.  This replaces the flat file
> storage of Nix store path metadata in /nix/var/nix/db with a SQLite database.

Months ago I tried nixSqlite and encountered a problem with
substitutes. I thought I were doing something wrong, so I just
reverted back. Now I've got the problem again.

Whenever something is downloaded from hydra, the files are padded to
some multiple of power-of-two by zero bytes (!) which causes a lot of
trouble.
Am I the only one to whom this happens? The problem is found out
immediately after unpacking - the hashes don't agree and substitution
exits with failure.

I'm using regular NixOS from trunk. The whole system is on Btrfs, but
I don't think that should be a problem.

Thanks for any hints.
Vlada