[Nix-dev] Re: Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - r28597 - in nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs/desktops/kde-4.7: . accessibility artwork bindings edu files graphics kde-package kdeaccessibility kdeadmin kdeartwork kdebase kdebindings kdeedu kd...

Yury G. Kudryashov urkud.urkud at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 23:00:46 CEST 2011

Eelco Dolstra wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 08/15/2011 09:35 PM, Yury G. Kudryashov wrote:
>
> I see that none of the KDE 4.7 packages are visible in "nix-env -qa"
> except for one:
>
>    $ nix-env -f . -qaP \* 2>&1 | grep kde47
>    kde47     kdebase-4.7.0
This is intentional. Moreover, after my next commit this package will
disappear too. After rebooting into kde-4.7.0, I found a few problems (e.g.,
kded4 consuming 100% of CPU), so I don't want to make it 'default'.

> That's not very convenient.
You can easily fix this by using kde4 = recurseIntoAttrs kde47; in
packageOverrides.

> What do the functions "kdeMonoPkg", "kdeSubdirPkg" etc. do?  Some
> comments in the source would be helpful.
I'll try to write some comments now.

> I noticed that Hydra has stopped building a lot of KDE 4.7 packages.
Any examples? I see all these packages.
> Probably it doesn't recurse into the attribute sets in question.  See
> the disappeared jobs on http://hydra.nixos.org/jobset/nixpkgs/trunk
> under the "Jobs" tab.
>
> Finally, it seems kde47.kipi_plugins has disappeared.
Yes, because it does not belong to KDE SC release. I'll upgrade
applications/graphics/kipi-plugins tonight.
--
Yury G. Kudryashov,
mailto: urkud at mccme.ru