[Nix-dev] Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - r28597 - in nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs/desktops/kde-4.7: . accessibility artwork bindings edu files graphics kde-package kdeaccessibility kdeadmin kdeartwork kdebase kdebindings kdeedu kd...

Yury G. Kudryashov urkud+nix at ya.ru
Mon Aug 15 21:35:29 CEST 2011

Eelco Dolstra wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 08/15/2011 08:06 PM, Yury G. Kudryashov wrote:
>
> One of these changes seems to have broken KDE 4.5:
Trying to fix. It is not easy to make soprano compile against newer
librdf_*. Probably I'll add old versions.

>    http://hydra.nixos.org/build/1253523
>
>> -  kdeaccessibility = combinePkgs "kdeaccessibility" {
>
> Are these attribute sets still available?  I see a lot of listToAttrs
> magic so it's not clear to me.
See r28600

>> +++ nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs/desktops/kde-4.7/kde-package/4.7.0.nix	Mon
Aug 15
>> 18:06:26 2011	(r28597) @@ -0,0 +1 @@
>>
> Maybe you can cause the generator to emit some newlines between elements
> for readability?
I'll try

>> -#!/bin/sh
>> +#!/usr/bin/env bash
>
> We don't have /usr/bin/env on NixOS...
Feel free to revert it, but I think that we should add /usr/bin/env.
Otherwise there is no way to write a script that works without installation
both on traditional distro and NixOS.

> Can you write this as
>
> { kde, pkgconfig, pythonPackages, sip, pycups, pygobject,
> system_config_printer
> , kdelibs, kdepimlibs, pykde4, cups, nettools }:
>
> i.e. put the "," at the start of the next line?
>
> Please write multi-line lists as
OK. Tomorrow.

>> --- /dev/null	00:00:00 1970	(empty, because file is newly added)
>> +++ nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs/desktops/kde-4.7/kdeartwork/ColorSchemes.nix	Mon
>> Aug 15 18:06:26 2011	(r28597)
>
> I assume that this file was copied from artwork/color-schemes.nix.  If
> that's the case, then please use "svn cp" to preserve history (makes it
> easier to see what changed).
I'm using git-svn, and it decided that the file have changed too much to
mark new file as a modified copy of the old one. Next time I'll try to force
git to mark file renames.