[Nix-dev] Minor stdenv down-grade required in trunk

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Fri Apr 1 18:49:34 CEST 2011

Hi guys,

I'm about to commit a patch to trunk that downgrades stdenv on Linux from
glibc 2.12 to 2.5. That change is required, because all glibc versions
after that have a bug that prevents them from being run with kernel 2.4.x,
which is the kernel I'm stuck with on my SuSE host system. Updating to
Linux 2.6.x is not an option on that machine, I'm afraid, because my
floppy disk drive requires some proprietary kernel driver that I can't
recompile.

Anyway, I reckon many people will have that problem, and I'd like to fix
it pro-actively rather than wait for the bug reports to pour in.

Does anyone mind that change?

Take care,
Peter