[Nix-dev] Re: Re: nix-prefetch-url curl args

David Brown nix at davidb.org
Thu May 27 17:45:49 CEST 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 11:16:34AM +0200, Eelco Dolstra wrote:

>I'm in favour of adding the `--retry', but I'm not sure whether the
>--speed-limit / --speed-time is a good idea in general.  This might help on some
>people's connections but make things worse for others.

For example, my office has a transparent proxy than analyzes every
download for viruses.  It tends to pause at the beginning of the
download until the proxy has downloaded the whole file, and then give
it to the requestor.  I suspect this limit could cause curl to
disconnect and retry unnecessarily.

David