[Nix-dev] man and texlive

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at matfyz.cz
Tue May 11 20:20:12 CEST 2010

Hi,
I also run into the problem that texlive-core installs a bad script
shadowing man.

> there is a problem with man when texlive-core is installed:
>
> $ man man
> /nix/var/nix/profiles/default/bin/man: line 2:
> /nix/store/502jps3pnr73bg9fqlycr0h9n666ys3m-texlive-core-2009/libexec/i686-pc-linux-gnu/man: is a directory

It creates a script in /bin that only redirects into
$out/libexec/i686-pc-linux-gnu/man, but that is a directory and it
doesn't make any sense anyway (in my opinion).
I quickly skimmed the generating expression and it seem that the file
is created by a for-cycle on lines 49-52.

The issue is no big problem for me, but it is a bug nevertheless and
it should be fixed at some point.
I also don't understand why are the binaries moved from /bin to /libexec.

Thanks
Vladimír Čunát