[Nix-dev] Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - 21638 - simons - in nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs: development/libraries/boost top-level

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Fri May 7 13:17:18 CEST 2010

Hi Lluís,

 > what if we rename the 1.43.0.nix to default.nix?

I don't feel strongly about it either way. It happened in the past that
programs didn't compile with the latest version of Boost when it came out,
and in that case it's quite useful to have an older version around, too.
Keeping those expressions in files "1.42.0.nix", "1.43.0.nix", etc. seems to
be reasonable.

One might argue that the latest version -- or rather: the one we consider to
be the default -- should be stored in a file "default.nix" instead. To me
personally, it doesn't make much of a difference how that file is called,
but I can understand why other people would perceive that convention to be
more consistent with the rest of Nixpkgs.

So, if you'd like to make the change, it's fine with me.

Take care,
Peter